Harmonization of cosmetics regulation in the Andean Community
As of November 2019, Decision 833 – Harmonization of cosmetics regulation in the Andean Community will come into force, updating the normative framework on cosmetics, in order to ensure a complete harmonization of the internal regulation of the member countries of the region.
The following summarizes some of the provisions contemplated in the Decision:
– Cosmetic products must comply with international lists of ingredients, taking into account:
- FDA lists
- Listings of cosmetic ingredients from The Personal Care Products Council;
- The Directives or Regulations of the European Union
- Cosmetics ingredients listings from Cosmetics Europe – The Personal Care Association.
– Cosmetic products require a Sanitary Notification (NSO) for its commercialization in the region.
– Cosmetic products manufactured in the region do not require NSO for marketing in third countries.
– The NSO holder must have a legal address in the Member Country of notification or recognition.
– Any modification of the information approved in an NSO must be reported to the authority of the member country, before the commercialization of the cosmetic product.
– Member Countries that consider it, will not require the Certificate of Free Sale of the product, for the NSO submission request.
At SPI, we can help you obtain the health notification to market your cosmetic products in the Andean community. If you have any related concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
Coordinadora de Asuntos Regulatorios con más de 10 años de experiencia en el desarollo de estrategias para el control y gestión de la calidad para la industria química y dispositivos médicos.
Calle 123 # 7 - 51
Tel (571) 756 2594
Celular: (57) 314 296 8186
® 2018 SPI Americas